Alma 48:17

"Verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." - Alma 48:17

Monday, August 31, 2015

Sunny and 75? Naw!!

​Hey ya’ll, another week down in good ole Cali.  It’s been a crazy fast week here and I love it! It’s been like 105 degrees all week though!  Last week after I emailed we went to Laguna Beach, it was awesome! We couldn't get out of the car but we drove by and it was so pretty! I love the ocean, it’s sweet! My comp got sick this week so things have been pretty slow, and I’ve had a lot of time to study and read! I don't think I’ve ever read so much in one week ever!

One thing that I have to do here all the time that I never had to do before is shave.... I feel like I’m always doing it, sometimes I even have to shave twice a day, so that’s a struggle. I miss the beard...it’s awful!

Funny story, we went to an elderly couple’s house for dinner this week, and you could definitely tell cause on their table was the book, “How to use Smartphones for dummies!” I was laughin’ pretty hard! After that we had dinner and it was good, all until I got to the green Jello....it was weird! It had like pears and these weird balls of white things in them and the texture was off, so I had like 1 or 2 bites then put it down and was like, no more of that!! Then my comp says, ‘Come on eat it’, under his breath, and I mumble back ‘Nah I cant!’ and then he forced me to, cause that’s the polite thing to do! So I did, and I thought I was going to die. I shoveled it down and then I stood up and walked to the bathroom in a dignified manner, closed the door and then hurled it all up in the toilet! NASTY!!! It was quite an event.

We also had the chance to go teach a recent convert that my comp baptized last transfer! She is awesome and has an awesome testimony of the church! The work is slow but sure here and I love it! 

Elder Crump

Here are answers to a few of the questions I asked Zach:
  •   Do you have a car? Yes for half of the week.  My comp is the designated driver so I don’t ever drive.
  •   What do you do for exercise?  I do P90x and we play basketball on Mondays and Fridays with members.
  •    Do you do much service? Yeah, last week we helped someone move and also helped hang some shelves in a guy’s garage.  We usually do some every week.



With his companion Elder Robinson
on the first day in Irvine.

With Elder Blue and Elder Gardner (MTC comps)
at the New Missionary Dinner.

All the new missionaries at the Mission Home.

Another picture with Elder Blue and Elder Gardner.

On transfer day - his first day.

At the gas station with Elder Robinson.

The struggle is real!





No comments:

Post a Comment